FOCUSING ON WOMEN'S NEEDS
The Women's Fit Geometry bikes that we have designed is more than just about frame modifications. Our engineers have carefully designed the frame of the bicycle to fit a woman's body
better, along with choosing parts and accessories that leverage the strengths of a woman's ergonomics. Each Women's Fit Geometry bike is designed to incorporate these elements in order to maximize your cycling experience.
With the same attention to detail as our other models, we use custom drawn and butted tubesets in each size to tailor the ride feel. This means that every size frame rides with the same comfort and performance characteristics. We have not simply made men's bikes smaller. We specifically tune suspension forks to better match a woman's weight distribution, and carefully chose parts to improve comfort and fit at all contact points.
How The Women's Fit Geometry Bikes Are Different:
- Shorter top tubes reduce the reach to the handlebars accommodating shorter torsos.
- Slightly relaxed steering geometry makes bike feel more stable.
- Smaller diameter handlebars and grips reduce fatigue for smaller hands.
- Custom tuned suspension components maximize performance for a woman's body weight distribution.
- Women's specific saddles provide more consistent support for a woman's anatomy
Based on rider feedback, we have designed a custom handlebar and unique grip system that is slightly smaller in diameter for smaller hands to comfortably hold onto without excessive fatigue. Exclusive to Marin are a set of eccentric shims that allow the brake levers and shift levers to be positioned independently in the most effective positions for performance and comfort.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Women's Fit Geometry bikes will be donated to Breast Cancer Research.