- Name: Martha Gill
- Age: 26
- Follow Martha Gill:
- Location: All over the world
- Who is Martha Gill? My name is Martha Gill, from the UK, I race and ride mountain bikes around the world, mainly at EWS and Crankworx events. When I'm not doing that you'll find me on Instagram doing wheelies
- Must have MTB accessory for a ride? My Gowaan Gals socks, I think they make me faster.
- What would be your desert island luxury item? A piano or another musical instrument to keep me entertained.
- What size Marin bike frame do you ride? I fall right in-between sizes, so my Alpine Trail is a large, but my Rift Zone 27.5 is a medium.
- What’s the best piece of riding advice you’ve ever been given? When I was younger I always remember my Dad saying 'just let it roll' when we would get to a tech feature. Seems to work haha.
- How did you get sponsored/get into the Marin family? I got a call from Tracy Moseley who was sponsored by the same distributor of Marin in the UK at the time. She said they were looking for a female rider and she'd suggested me. I joined the UK team and 3 years later became a global ambassador. I definitely landed on my feet with Marin and I'm forever grateful to Tracy for putting my name forward!
- Favourite place to ride? I can't pinpoint one place, I love exploring new countries and destinations to ride. The other year I visited Ecuador and that was like nothing else I've ridden. I've also had a lot of good riding memories in Whistler so it's hard not to mention that place. New Zealand goes good too! I've been spoilt for choice really.
- Favourite event you've been part of? Over the past year or so I've started to race at Crankworx events more, they're awesome events with a festival vibe, a range of races to compete in, and it's great for spectators too. All round good vibes every time!
- What inspires you to ride? The idea of exploring a new area, the opportunity to progress, and the chance to have fun with friends!
- What's your go to food & beverage after you ride? A smoothie or a cold crisp cider in the summer, and a hot chocolate in the winter!
- With emojis best describe your riding 🤪📢🙃
The Alpine Trail is built big. 29” wheels, 150mm of bottomless MultiTrac rear suspension travel and options for either aluminum and carbon frames. For riders where ‘fun’ goes hand in hand with ‘rowdy’.
The Alcatraz allows the rider to follow in Matt Jones’ footsteps to build and personalize the best dirt jump bike possible. At home boosting your local 6 pack, ripping up the pump track, or hitting the local skate park the Alcatraz has what you need to take care of business.