- Name: Duncan Shaw
- Follow Duncan Shaw:
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Riding with Marin since: 2021
- Who is Duncan Shaw? I am Duncan Shaw, I am a professional MTB and Trials rider from Scotland.
- Must have MTB accessory for a ride? I know it might not be cool but I have recently discovered riding in glasses. I used to just struggle away with watery eyes when riding my E Bike and MTB so riding in glasses has been an absolute game changer.
- What would be your desert island luxury item? Definitely my trials bike to keep me amused. Might need some spares too though.
- What size Marin bike frame do you ride? I ride a large Alpine Trail E2 and a Large Rift Zone Carbon 2.
- What’s the best piece of riding advice you’ve ever been given? Oh that is a tough one, I think it is just to get out there and enjoy yourself and not get too wrapped up in what will get the most views or get you sponsored. If you are having fun, the rest generally takes care of itself if it is meant to be
- How did you get sponsored/get into Marin? I had been in touch with John (International Marketing Manager at Marin) about working something out for a couple of years as I have always been a big fan of the brand and bikes and when the start of 2021 came round we had a chat and made it happen.
- Favourite place to ride? My favourite place to ride my E Bike and MTB is the local trails around my home town of Inverness. There is just so much to ride and has such a sweet scene. On my trials bike, I have been so lucky to ride some amazing places around the world but it is hard to beat places like Sydney, Australia and California. Even though I am Scottish, I hate the cold so love the warmer spots. :-)
- Favourite event you've been part of? Again, I have been so lucky to be at some amazing events with The Drop and Roll Tour. Highlights include doing shows in front of thousands at the Fort William World Cup and we have also had some pretty crazy experiences doing shows in places like Indonesia and The Philippines.
- What inspires you to ride? For me it almost always just comes down to fun. I have been at it for a long time and picking up a bike has never stopped being fun.
- What's your go to food & beverage after you ride? I actually try to keep things pretty healthy so typical meal would be something pretty boring like chicken, Rice and vegetables.
- Which emojis best describe your riding 🕺🚴♂️👊
Alpine Trail E2
The Alpine Trail E will take you further, faster, allowing you to tackle the most aggressive trails either up or down.