North American Limited Warranty
Marin Mountain Bikes North American Limited Warranty
Marin Mountain Bikes, Inc. ("Marin") warrants to the original retail purchaser ("you") that the Marin product for which you received this warranty is free from defects in material and workmanship for the periods set forth on the below warranty table.
FRAMES Warranty Period (From date of purchase)
Carbon Fiber Frames and Forks: 5 Years
Rigid Frames and Forks: Lifetime
Full Suspension Frames: 5 Years
Complete Bicycle: The complete bicycle is warranted for one year (from date of purchase), including all original parts on the bicycle except tires, tubes, chains and other wear & tear items. Paint and decals are covered under this warranty.
This warranty period starts from the date of original retail purchase, and is valid only in North America. For warranty periods in other countries, please contact the distributor in your country. The warranty is only valid if the bicycle is purchased from, and assembled by, an authorized Marin dealer.
Warranty Limitations: This warranty does NOT cover suspension forks, and rear shocks on full suspension bikes. These items are covered by the suspension component manufacturer’s warranty. Please contact the suspension component manufacturer for any warranty needs.
This warranty is only offered to the original retail purchaser of the product, and is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser. Marin's sole obligation under this warranty is to either, at its discretion:
- Repair the claimed defect at no charge.
- Exchange the product with a product that is new or which is at least functionally equivalent to the original product.
- Offer a credit amount, determined by Marin, towards the purchase of a new product. Marin must be notified in writing of any claim under this warranty within 60 days of any claimed lack of conformity of the product.
- You may be responsible for some labor charges at your local bike shop, or some shipping charges, including return shipping if your bike is determined not to be a warranty.
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall Marin be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product, except as set forth herein. Some states or countries do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts and some do not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from location to location. This warranty will be interpreted pursuant to the laws of the United States. The original English language version/meaning of this warranty controls over all translations and Marin is not responsible for any errors in translation of this warranty or any product instructions.
No company or persons (including employees or agents of Marin) are authorized to modify, enlarge or extend this warranty in any way or to make any other warranties, expressed or implied on behalf of Marin. This warranty is not intended to confer any additional legal, jurisdictional or warranty rights to you other that those set forth herein or required by law. If any portion of this warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such finding will not invalidate any other provision.
Useful Product Life:
Bicycles have an unquantifiable useful product life. The useful life span of a bicycle is affected by riding style, riding conditions, frame material and construction, and other factors. The warranty period offered by Marin does not guarantee that the bicycle will last forever, or for the life span of the original purchaser. Bicycles should be inspected regularly by an authorized Marin dealer, or qualified bicycle technician to identify any issues, which could lead to a failure. Whether a failed frame will be covered by this warranty, or not, will be determined solely by Marin Bikes, based on an evaluation of the failure, useful life, and any other relevant factors.
To Obtain Warranty Service: In order to exercise your rights under this limited warranty, the complete bicycle must be presented to an authorized Marin dealer for inspection, together with a receipt, bill of sale and other appropriate written proof of purchase, which identifies the bicycle by serial number. Any labor, postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in sending your product for service are the responsibility of the owner. Marin will not be responsible for products lost or damaged in shipping.
Warranty Determination: Once received by Marin or Authorized Marin Warranty Center, the product will be inspected to determine if it is covered by the Marin warranty. Only Marin or an Authorized Marin Warranty Center may determine if a product is warrantable. If the product is not covered under warranty, all replacement, repair, labor, and shipping costs are responsibility of the customer. Marin cannot return un-repairable unwarranted products to the consumer if they are unsafe to use in their unrepaired condition.
At no time may any retailer or distributor make representations of what is covered or not covered under this warranty without express written permission from Marin. Should a retailer or distributor replace product before consulting Marin, it is at the sole discretion of the retailer or distributor, and may not be reimbursed by Marin. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes property of the customer and the returned product becomes the property of Marin, which may destroy it.
Warranty Exclusions: This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents. It is your responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the shipper).
- Products sold or distributed by Marin, which are covered by another sellers’ warranty; this Marin warranty does not extend, modify or replace any other warranty.
- Products whose serial number or other identifying marks (such as decals) have been altered, defaced or removed.
- Products that are purchased used, or in not-new condition without original packaging.
- Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair (or the techniques used), the use or installation of parts or accessories not compatible with the original intended use of the product, or the failure to follow the product warnings, installation and usage instructions.
- This warranty does not apply if the original product decals are removed