- Name: Martha Gill
- Age: 22
- Follow Martha Gill:
- Location: Horwich, UK
- Where are you from and where do you live? I am from and currently live in Horwich, just north of Manchester in the UK.
- Favorite Marin Bike set up? At the moment it's probably my Hawk Hill 3, I opted for a size medium (I usually go for large) so it's a super playful little bike and I've really enjoyed jibbing around and having fun on the trails on it recently!
- What are 3 Random facts about yourself? 1, my favourite biscuit is custard creams. 2, I've learnt to juggle during lockdown. 3, I deferred a place at university for 3 years in a row before deciding to just fully commit to biking.
- What do you like to do when you’re not on the bike? I'm pretty musical so I love playing the piano and guitar, and I've recently just started learning to play the drums too! I also enjoy doing a bit of filming and editing, mainly for Gowaan Gals YouTube channel - which I've recently started uploading to and putting more time in to along side friend and fellow racer Bex Baraona.
- Where is your favorite place to ride? It's more about the company than the location to me, as long as I'm out riding with fun people and there's good vibes, I'll always be having a great time! Saying that I do really enjoy big hike a bike 'mission' days out on the bike, and recently I've been having fun exploring new routes in the Lake District.
- What are your riding goals for 2020/2021? Before 2020 got sabotaged by COVID19, my plan was to race most of the EWS rounds as well as go to all the Crankworx stops. I really love the format of Crankworx and it would've been my first season doing the series properly, so I was super excited for that (and still am when the races start up again). Aside from racing I aim to just have fun on my bike and continue progressing, I also love working on video projects and have a few cool ideas lined up in the coming year.
- Career Highlights 2017 U21 EWS World Champion - 3rd place in Dual Slalom at Sea Otter Classic 2019 - 1st place at TDS Enduro 2018 - Successfully hosting our first Gowaan Gals MTB Festival in 2019