- Name: Mark Matthews
- Age: 35
- Follow Mark Matthews:
- Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
- Who is Mark Mathews? I'm a freerider, adventurer and trail builder from Vancouver Island, Canada. I've spent much of my career filming on unique trails I'm often credited with building. Progression is my passion within my riding, my community, and my content.
- Must have MTB accessory for a ride? GoPro!
- What would be your desert island luxury item? Satellite phone haha.. or inflatable raft.
- What size Marin bike frame do you ride? Small
- What’s the best piece of riding advice you’ve ever been given? I'm not sure, but what I've learned is that you always need to focus on riding for yourself. Draw inspiration from your favorite riders, but ride in a way that feels most natural to you and never compare yourself to others.
- How did you get sponsored/get into the Marin family? I got my first component sponsor when I was 16. This happened from attending lots of events and putting lots of content out there when I was young. In 2017 I reached out to Marin because I felt like I was a natural fit for the brand. They agreed and it's been amazing to grow with them.
- Favourite place to ride? Whistler, BC.
- Favourite event you've been part of? Crankworx whip-off worlds, Whistler.
- What inspires you to ride? There's no better way to reset. We all know the feeling when you're in the middle of a ride and there's no thinking, just reacting. I live for those moments, and the challenge of trying to learn something new every time I ride.
- What's your go to food & beverage after you ride? A hearty, healthy sandwich and kombucha.
- With emojis best describe your riding 🦈🚀🤟
The Rift Zone is our most speed oriented MultiTrac bike, created for the rider looking for the speed and roll over capabilities of 29” wheels in a trail capable package.VIEW BIKES
ALPINE TRAIL E1
Marin’s electric assist mountain bikes are for riders who need a boost, either to cover more distance in a shorter amount of time or to go farther or higher than they might be able to accomplish on their own. Designed from the ground up around durable Shimano motor and battery units, the 2021 Marin electric mountain bike lineup is our most capable to date.VIEW BIKE