- Name: Martha Gill
- Age: 25
- Follow Martha Gill:
- Location: All over the world
- Who is Martha Gill? My name is Martha Gill, from the UK, I race and ride mountain bikes around the world, mainly at EWS and Crankworx events. When I'm not doing that you'll find me on Instagram doing wheelies
- Must have MTB accessory for a ride? My Gowaan Gals socks, I think they make me faster.
- What would be your desert island luxury item? A piano or another musical instrument to keep me entertained.
- What size Marin bike frame do you ride? I fall right in-between sizes, so my Alpine Trail is a large, but my Rift Zone 27.5 is a medium.
- What’s the best piece of riding advice you’ve ever been given? When I was younger I always remember my Dad saying 'just let it roll' when we would get to a tech feature. Seems to work haha.
- How did you get sponsored/get into the Marin family? I got a call from Tracy Moseley who was sponsored by the same distributor of Marin in the UK at the time. She said they were looking for a female rider and she'd suggested me. I joined the UK team and 3 years later became a global ambassador. I definitely landed on my feet with Marin and I'm forever grateful to Tracy for putting my name forward!
- Favourite place to ride? I can't pinpoint one place, I love exploring new countries and destinations to ride. The other year I visited Ecuador and that was like nothing else I've ridden. I've also had a lot of good riding memories in Whistler so it's hard not to mention that place. New Zealand goes good too! I've been spoilt for choice really.
- Favourite event you've been part of? Over the past year or so I've started to race at Crankworx events more, they're awesome events with a festival vibe, a range of races to compete in, and it's great for spectators too. All round good vibes every time!
- What inspires you to ride? The idea of exploring a new area, the opportunity to progress, and the chance to have fun with friends!
- What's your go to food & beverage after you ride? A smoothie or a cold crisp cider in the summer, and a hot chocolate in the winter!
- With emojis best describe your riding 🤪📢🙃