- Name: Fabian Duran
- Follow Fabian Duran:
- Location: Costa Rica
- Who is Fabian Duran? Hi, I’m Fabian Duran, an adventure cyclist that loves the outdoors and new experiences. I’m very passionate about everything I do and propose in life. I did started 15 years ago with my Marin Bolinas Ridge founding our first cyclist enthusiastic riders team called “Pericos MTB” which growth during the years becoming our first business project as “Costa Rica Ride Green Adventures” as first Adventure Cycling Tours company in the country with the target to sell Costa Rica as an International Mountain Bike Spot. During the process the adventure continues when we decide to visit INTERBIKE for the first time in 2017 to promote and sell cycling tours to Costa Rica and at the same time our first meeting with the Marin Bikes brand. So that’s when we decide to open our own workshop Pericos Bike Shop for the adventure cycling operation to give maintenance to all our units instead of paying to a 3rd party, and by 2019 we had our International Marin Bikes Distributor contract as Marin Bikes Costa Rica with the first 8 units and we become part of the “Oso” family. Since then everything has been an adventure with many positive results in all the possible ways which is something that I love, very passionate about what I do and also happy to help people to have a better life on wheels. Now I’m “Papá Oso” for many riders and I decided to share the family feeling that Marin has with the local riders downhere.
- Must have MTB accessory for a ride? Bike packing bags, Bike packing bags, Bike packing bags… Lol just kidding but we always preach for security before anything, so a helmet must be the most important accessory for any ride. Won’t go without it.
- What would be your desert island luxury item? We do love Bike packing and I’m a founder of Bike packing Costa Rica community so you can imagine how great will be a fully loaded Four Corners for a Bike packing adventure on a desert island
- What size Marin bike frame do you ride? MTB: XL GRAVEL: 58cm
- What’s the best piece of riding advice you’ve ever been given? As a part of an adventure cycling tour company we do love to give a lot of tips and advice for beginners so they can start with a lot of motivation without any fear of a try, I love to see when they push their limits to have their goals done. Advice: Before you ride, keep your mind open and don’t expect things to be perfect, be always prepared for anything, if a problem comes, ask for help and let's solve the problem together and roll with the punches.
- How did you get sponsored/get into Marin? I’m a lucky guy because with a lot of effort and work I became the Costa Rica International Marin Bikes distributor so now we are part of this lovely and great family. No need for a sponsor to me more than to be part of this great family as it is Marin Bikes.
- Favourite place to ride? My country, Costa Rica, has the blessing of being riding at the mountains in the morning and right to the coast in the afternoon, what can be better than that? Oh, add nice tropical weather all the time, so we always say, "we are in season all year!"
- Favourite event you've been part of? “Clásica La Soledad'': this event is pretty much what I said in the previous question. Is placed by the North Pacific Coast and takes the whole weekend starting with a pasta party on Friday night. At this event you start pretty much right next to the beach going up to the mountains finishing going around by some beautiful beaches back to the starting point after 70km of pure gravel, lovely experience.
- What inspires you to ride? People, especially those that want to start like me a long time ago, after having a 350pounds overweight with almost a stroke calling me and decide to do something and change my life, so changing people’s lives for good is what inspires me.
- What's your go to food & beverage after you ride? Oh gosh! What a tricky question lol. But anything related with seafood like a delicious whole fish or a “CEVICHE” and beer will be my top.
- Which emojis best describe your riding 🏕🚴♂️🏝