- Name: Scott Thornhill
- Follow Scott Thornhill:
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- 3 random facts about you? My Natural way to spin on my bike is “goofy”. Meaning I spin to my front foot. This made it easier for me to learn opposite tricks later on. I play hockey. I drive a mini van.
- What is your favorite place to ride? Queenstown New Zealand
- Riding Goals for 2020? This is my first season competing in multiple events at all of the Crankworx stops. It is my goal to have fun pushing myself to my potential in all disciplines. I also want to do my best in all other contests / events I ride in this season. Riding events with friends from all over is always good fun. I am looking to work on multiple video projects this season. Video projects are an awesome opportunity for creative expression, as well as progression. It’s cool to have videos and content to look back on. The 2020 season is a bit unique for me. For the last few seasons I have been very busy traveling while working to build bike parks and trails for communities across Canada, and in Australia. This season I am focusing more on pursing my personal riding goals. I am still professionally building parks / trails this season. Have more fun than ever riding my bike.
- 2019 Fernie WamBam Dirt Jump Jam best trick win
I landed a double flip, which is always a highlight for me. But I ended up winning best trick with a 360 double tail whip. Wam Bam always brings lot’s of local heavy hitters. It was an honour to win best trick riding with so much talent in the event. I was excited to take best trick as I haven’t really seen myself as a best trick rider. The following week I ended up taking best trick at Rossland Hucken berries jump Jam as well, with a double tail whip.
To be riding in Crankworx is a Huge achievement for me. In 2018 I competed in Rotorua and Whistler speed and styles. In 2019 I have gained a spot in speed and style, pump track, dual slalom, air dh, and best whip in all three stops of the tour. It is a dream come true to compete on the Crankworx tour.
Professionally building Bike parks and Trails is a big highlight in my Career. I pursued building in communities across Canada to create a career around doing what I love. This eventually lead to traveling across the world building and riding. Building in different communities, and meeting new like minded people along the way is awesome.
- Silver Style (Silver Star Slopestyle) 2014
This was the first time I took first place at a contest. It was funny because I signed up for pro category, but somehow ended up qualifying in amateur category. I got to ride with my friends, and landed on top of the podium.
Favorite Set Up
The Alcatraz is my favourite set-up out of my bikes.
It’s my favourite as it is so capable and playful in many styles of riding.
Fork: Rockshox Pike DJ
Grips: Chromag wax
Cranks: Shimano Saints
Pedals: Chromag Contact
Saddle: Chromag Overature
Wheels: Hope Pro 4 hubs laced to Mavic 729 hoops
Tires: Schwable Tabletops